Saturday, June 14, 2008

Radiohead at Malahide Castle



I started my new job on Tuesday. Although it has been strange getting back to work , it's going well, and I like the university environment. My boss is the pricipal of the Engineering, Maths and Physics department (how did I end up there?!) and I havent met him yet because he spends mos of his time flying around the world first class. Lucky for some. However, I'm not here for the work and I've also managed to have some fun in between.

Last weekend I got a free ticket to the Radiohead concert, and went with my flatmate and a friend. They played at Malahide Castle, a castle North of the city. It was amazing! To get there, you have to walk through forest and come into a huge clearing which is the castle grounds, where they played. It started raining just before they were due to come on, which wasn't great until it stopped and a huge double rainbow came out. The concert itself was really good- I prefer their older stuff but it was also interesting to hear some of their new material.

Tonight I'm meeting up with 2 Irish girls I met in Guatemala for a BBQ and party, which should be good as long as the rain stays away!

No comments: